GELLI PRINT ART TAGS with Phyllis Terrell

Gelli Printed Art Tags By Phyllis Terrell


One of the great things about teaching online and having an online presence through this blog, Facebook and other sites, is the opportunity to connect with like-minded souls.  I so enjoy that!!

Case in point, my recent online workshop "Gelli Jam" with Artful Gathering Online Art Retreat in the summer of 2014.  I met such wonderful people through this event, including the lovely Phyllis Terrell.  One of the projects Phyllis and the other students took part in was making a mini art journal with gelli printed shipping tags.  

The image above is a scan of just a handful of the tags that Phyllis so generously sent to me for me to use in my own mixed media art.

Below are a couple examples of what I did with Phyllis' tags.  You all know how I love to create little characters with bits of pieces of this and that.  This practice of creating little "people" lends itself well to tag art.  It's also an opportunity for me to use up other scrap bits and recycled elements including those funky fibers that adorn the tags.

The very last tag uses some recycled scrapbooking stickers that someone was going to throw out.  They are metallic silver and really pop against Phyllis' awesome tag.  I'm going to send her this one as a thank you for her generous gift.

Hope you are having an awesome, artful day, my friends.

Cheers!
Joanna










3 comments:

Junikind said...

I love what you did with those tags! I love them, the way Phyllis created them, simple and beautiful- and I love what you created with them! I really feel inspired.
As I love Mixed Media, Gelli Printing and as well working with recycled material, you have a new follower. :-) Greetings from Germany, Junikind Heike

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

These Tags are lovely. my two favourite things Tags and Geli Plate prints, I love to play with both.

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Joanna,
I love these cute tags!! I am forever grateful to you and the online class with the Artful Gathering group. I have learned so much from being in your class. Recently my husband and I joined an art guild here in Savannah. Many Scad art students go there as well as family's and you adults.My husband was asked to teach some computer classes and they asked me what I liked to do and I told them I love to make things and that I recently learned the art of Gelli printing. so they asked me if I would like to do a Demo in Gelli printing for their Grand opening day...which I accepted very happily! I had my own little room to set up everything and when people would stroll in, I would ask them to pick a couple of their favorite colors and I would demonstrate how to make a Gelli print. Everyone loved the process and was able to take home a Gelli print all their own!! Thank you Again Joanna for bringing the art of Gelli printing into my life and that of others. Hugs xo