"Find Harmony" - Inspirational Mixed Media Art



This piece is one of my favourites and was actually quite hard to part with when I sold it.  I guess I just liked how bizarre it looked while also being quite tranquil.  And, of course, the quote was so powerfully suited to the art.

I started with a scrap piece of matboard for the substrate and covered it with a piece of salvaged wallpaper (it was the silver you see in the photos and had the branches in its pattern already).  This was one time where I didn't mess around with the background at all.  I loved its simplicity and although it doesn't show up in the photos, it has a shimmer to it.

The woman was created using the body of one vintage image with the head of another and the eyes from somewhere else.  All of the ladies come from my vintage images CD collection.  The little house in the background was made by altering tags into the shape I wanted and then embellishing it further with added doodads.  The bird represents opportunity (per the quote below).

The quote is:

Out of clutter, find simplicity
From discord, find harmony
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity
(Einstein)



No comments: